Junior Software Engineer
Testimonial Tree is the leading online reputation management company. Our testimonial software makes it easy to collect authentic testimonials from happy customers and automatically share the best stories online to attract new customers. Our solutions are primarily focused on B2B for enterprise organizations, small to mid-size businesses and individuals are empowering professionals throughout many industries.
The Junior Software Engineer (“Engineer”) is part of a small, high-performing team in the Testimonial Tree Engineering Department. The Engineer will help develop applications to solve business problems and provide enhanced functionality for our clients and internal team members. He or she will also assist with ensuring reliability and security of existing custom applications and some web-based software. The Engineer will participate in the entire application development life cycle including application deployment and web server configuration.
This member will be joining the “Core” Engineering Team and would preferably be located locally in Southwest Florida. Testimonial Tree has a hybrid office/remote mentality and working remote can be accommodated.
- Plan, code, test, debug, implement, maintain, and document web-based applications with an emphasis on secure, standards-based programming methods
- Create and maintain automated application tests (e.g. with selenium server)
- Configure and install PHP and https on Linux in a test/development environment
- Install, secure, and update web software
- Publish/update web content (text, images, etc.)
- Help serve as a point-person for staff and end-user problems related to the applications
- Keep up-to-date with current and emerging development best practices and research new technologies
- Regularly communicate with all interested parties to provide and receive updates regarding development, troubleshooting, timelines, etc.
- Develop and support mobile applications to meet institutional goals, as need arises.
- Participate in departmental projects and implementations.
- A minimum of one year of web-oriented programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Object-oriented programming; PHP, specifically Laravel, experience a plus
- Application-level Linux experience (e.g. migrating applications)
- Database querying; PGSQL and MSSQL experience a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Hybrid Remote/Office Work Policy
To apply, please fill out the form below: